You may be familiar with a recipe that is similar to this, but I have my own spin that my family loves. It is not a traditional Pumpkin Pie so many people pass by it. However, it is a staple in my house at the holidays. As a mom, we get the warm fuzzies anytime our kids like something that we cook so much that they put in a special request. I often get a special request for Hamburger Helper. It makes me laugh – but I “cook” it every time. In the last week, I had a request for my Pumpkin Pie:
1) for a Friendsgiving celebration,
2) “please have a pumpkin by made for when I get home (from college)”,
3) for our Thanksgiving dinner.
In my book that is a success!! Try it out and let me know how it is received.
Pumpkin Mooooooose Pie
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 tubs (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (9 oz. – “2 extra servings)
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 ½ tsp. Pumpkin Spice
- 1 ½ tsp. All Spice
- ¾ tsp Pure Vanilla
- Stir Cream Cheese (I use 1/3 less fat because it is softer and has less calories), sugar and 1 tbsp milk in a large bowl. For best results, stir until the lumps of cream cheese are gone. Add ½ – ¾ of the tub of cool whip into mixture. Stir gently to keep the cool whip fluffy. Spread into bottom of the crust.
- Put into refrigerator to cool while preparing the pumpkin layer.
- Empty both boxes of vanilla pudding mix into bowl. Add 1 cup of milk and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add spices to taste.
- Add in Pumpkin and stir to mix
- Carefully fold in the rest of the tub (or more if you want it fluffier) of cool whip to leave it fluffy.
- Refrigerate at least 2-4 hours before serving
- Serve with cool whip or Whipped Cream